Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have never been this close to giving up
My financial hardship story dates back to when I was 15.
15:I got pregnant.
16:I decided to keep and raise my son, and become successful regardless of the additional responsibility of being a single parent.
16-18:I continued to live with my parents and graduated high school 1 semester ahead of my class.
18-22:I moved out with my son so that I could get a student loan and pursue my post-secondary studies in hopes of becoming a teacher. I worked full-time in construction and went to school full-time, with little to no assistance from my son's father.
22:I got into a work-site accident, falling two stories in a high rise building downtown. Post-recovery, I dove straight back into work and abandoned my studies.
23-31:I worked and advanced nowhere, I received my Journeyman's Certification with no adjoining recognition or pay increase, all the while my brain was wasting away. I tried having relationships, all of which were unsuccessful because of my line of work, and because I was too pre-occupied trying to be a mother to my son.
32/present:I am desperate. My bills kept adding up, and this year it has caught up to me and has brought me to an all-time low. I don't understand how I got here...I was always that person who paid their bills early, paid more than the required amount, made 'dents' whenever I could...and now I am filing for a consumer proposal, my son and I have exhausted all favours and assistance from family, friends, and government programs, and are approaching the holiday season with no idea how I will cover the next months' rent. I work full-time, which means nothing in construction, it's winter, and I have recently returned to university to finish my bachelors' degree. 
Truthfully, I'm hoping for a miracle. I want to continue my education. I want to provide for my son. I work my back off to put food on the table yet I can't seem to get ahead. I'm incredibly embarrassed to be in this situation.
My debts add up to $38,000. The cost of completing my bachelors program is estimated at 1.5 yrs, and $15,000. The cost of living for us, bare minimum, is $2800/mth. I have nowhere left to go, noone left to ask, and i feel myself giving up and becoming more and more depressed each day.    
If money were no object, that is to say if I had no debts looming over me, I would choose to write, to teach, to inspire. And I would encourage my son to pursue what he loves. 
We appreciate your consideration, and for the time it took you to read our story. I am sure that there are several other people on here that may abuse peoples' generosity, or even some that are more worthier candidates than us. Regardless, we thank you.

Paypal.me/lmjg8383
Thank you for sharing, it does indeed sound like it would be hard to go on, but never give up.  You said that your passion is to write and teach, so I hope you follow your heart.  One thing you may be able to do is to tutor students.  That could earn you some money as well.  And it may turn into something more profitable that you could do full time someday.

I noticed your post did not include a method to receive a donation.  In order to receive donations, you need to make sure people have a way to send you money.  Please read the thread "How to request a donation" for examples.

How to request a donation: http://www.freebeg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for those kind words of advice and for reminding me of including my paypal account. It brought a smile to my face.

paypal.me/lmjg8383