Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Changing Surgery for Cleft Lip
Hello All,

I am 28 years old and I am here out of sheer desperation. I was born with a severe case of bilateral cleft lip/palate and deformed hand. I've spent my whole life trying to aim for some type of a normal look, to where people dont stare at me and wonder what happened and why I look the way I do. 

I've had over 50 operations since I was a newborn (between here in the States and Europe, where I was born). I spent months at a time in hospitals; I've had my jaw wired shut multiple times; I've had my lip and nose operated on while under local anesthesia and the list goes on.  Every doctor promised I'd look so much better, but I never did. I somehow got botched even more. I'm left with many physical and emotional scars. This has caused me to fall into a pretty heavy depression/anxiety disorder. Because of this, I am unable to leave my house, due to fear of being stared at and laughed at. 

I can't afford health insurance (since I cant keep a job) and as of 25 years old, I am no longer eligible for health insurance coverage under my parents. 

I just want to be accepted into this world and I know with the right funding, I can afford a good doctor to operate and make me feel somewhat beautiful. I need a nose job, upper lip to be fixed and scars to be lasered and look less obvious. I also need braces to fix my overbite. 

I just want to feel normal and accepted in this world. That's my biggest wish. I've missed out on many milestones in my life and  I dont want to anymore. My world is very lonely and I just want to feel loved and accepted.

Anything you can contribute, I am forever grateful to you.

My Paypal: PayPal.me/eurochic404