Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperately need help, please! ?
Hello everyone,

My name is Athena and I hope by sharing my story, you can help change my life for the better. It's not easy for me to open up about this, but I believe that sometimes, the only way to find strength is through vulnerability.

It all started back on the 28th of February in 2012 when I arrived in the UK, filled with hope for a better life. I had endured abuse from my own family, and this man I had met online promised me a fresh start. Originally, I intended to stay in the UK for just six months, but little did I know that my life was about to take a harrowing turn.

This man, who I will refer to as A, manipulated and coerced me into overstaying. He used my vulnerable situation and past abuse from family as a means of control, promising to help me gain the necessary legal status to stay, while simultaneously isolating me from any authority figures who could have offered assistance.

Living under the same roof as my husband, I was subjected to unimaginable horrors. Forced to undertake tasks I never agreed to, I lived in constant fear of punishment. The verbal abuse and manipulation persisted for a staggering 11.5 years, leaving me with deep-seated trauma and deteriorating mental health.

Coercive control became a daily reality for me. Any deviation from his rules resulted in belittlement and put-downs. He used physical intimidation, punching walls and breaking things, just to scare me into submission. I was unable to update my passport and identification documents as he refused to provide financial support for their renewal, prioritizing his vices instead.

To make matters worse, my husband had full control over our finances, leaving me with a me allowance that barely covered my basic needs. I was deprived of the funds necessary to obtain a or even work towards gaining long-term residency. Additionally, he exploited me by coercing me into creating adult content, robbing me of the money I earned to fuel his alcohol and drug habits.

Emotional abuse accompanied my daily struggles. My husband would berate me, blame me for the abuse, only to later deny ever yelling or breaking things, conveniently shifting the blame onto me. I was forbidden from leaving the house without his knowledge and faced constant invasion of my privacy. His threats of self-harm further added to the torment.

Even after I summoned the courage to leave, my ex-husband's relentless pursuit haunted me. He incessantly tried to contact me, sending others to keep tabs on my whereabouts. The fear and distress caused by his stalking behavior were unbearable.

Here in the UK, however, I've managed to build a vital support network of friends and chosen family who provide essential emotional and mental support and who have been instrumental in helping me regain control of my life and mental well-being.

This journey is not an easy one, as navigating the legal process and divorcing my abusive ex while obtaining a visa and Leave To Remain comes with a hefty price tag. Roughly £6,000 is needed to cover all the costs, including legal fees. This is where your support comes in. I humbly ask you to spread the word and help me raise the necessary funds. I'm currently struggling to raise the amount on my own, so any contribution, no matter how small, will be met with immense gratitude.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Your support means more to me than words can express. From the depths of my heart, thank you.

With love and appreciation,

paypal.me/minifoxychicky ???

Athena