Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help a mother and daughter get out of their car and into a home of any kind!
Hi I'm super frustrated because I just wrote something in a post and it just got deleted when I tried to upload a photo of my daughter and myself.  So, I'm going to attempt this one more time, but it probably won't be as good as the original post.  I recently be wne homeless and am struggling to get by.  I have a vehicle and 2 jobs, but with all of my living expenses and trust me, being homeless in a car is way more expensive than most people realize!  Especially be sure there is no way to prepare food so you either starve, nuke ramens at gas stations, or have to eat out!  It's terribly unhealthy and the gas prices are Insane!  If you want to run the air, or heater In my car, you can expe t to kiss your full tank of gas goodbye in under 4 hours!  Which brings me to why I'm requesting help from you kind folks... my car is an 08 Saturn and it has over 200,000 miles on it and if I don't put some repairs into it asap... I will be walking to work and completely on the streets!  I need to register my car (when my car was stolen a year ago the guy stoke my title.. and this is also why I'm homeless, because I came on vacation to Albuquerque, from Ohio and withing a few days, my vehicle was stolen and not returned for almost a year... so I quickly be ame homeless and stranded).  Although I'm working and saving for a place, it's impossible to save and pay all of my necessities AND fix car, and get license and registration!  My most immediate need is a roof over my head, but that is just too much to ask for. So, I'm requesting the actual roof over my head... my car be repaired and legal to drive, so that I don't have to walk to work, because Albuquerque is a very crazy city and it's not safe to be out here on these streets alone.  I need a water pump, head gasket, used tires, a selenoid for my transmission, tranny fluid, fuel filter, my registration and my license.  I'm going to give you an estimate of the cost of these items.. it's approximate, because I have to go to work in just a few minutes.  I don't need much for labor. Because I have a close friend who's willing to work on it for next to nothing!  The price of registration, and license isn't too bad, I had a license in my state I came from, but have to get one for this state now to be legal. The mvd averaged that at about 180$ total and the parts for car approx. 1500$.  So I'm requesting 1680$ and to be honest anything at all is better than what I have now.  Please help my daughter and I so that I can have some encouragement. As I'm so down on my luck, that it's causing me to grow into a deeper depression daily, while we struggle to get through each day.  I promise I'll pay it forward, when I get back on my feet again⁷. Good luck to everyone else who needs help on this forum, thanks and may the universe bless us all! ? ❤️