Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All I know is idk how I got here because it's sort of a blur
Question 
I've been living with fibromyalgia for over 10 years now, working full time and enjoying my life as best I could. However, in the last year or so my condition has worsened significantly. It has affected my ability to do my job, which requires me to sit for long periods. The brain fog and fatigue from my condition affect my mental capabilities to serve my customers, who are calling for assistance.

In mid-August I hit a crisis point. I have FMLA which protects my job when I miss days but I have used all my paid vacation time for those sick days by then. With no paid sick leave at my job I then had to take those protected sick days unpaid. I was missing a day or 2 per week for several weeks prior to the crisis point. I was basically unaware of how much time I was missing until I realized how far into financial trouble I had gotten. 

At that point I saw my doctor for help to try finding a way to better manage my condition. I love my job and working but I was no longer a reliable asset to my company. Long story short, I took a short term disability break, not realizing what would happen.

In order to have my claim approved so I could get paid for this time off I needed to have a functional capacity evaluation form filled out. My doctor said he was not certified to complete this form and it was my responsibility to find a provider who could. I have spent nearly every weekday since then trying to do this but to no success. They all say they don't do that anymore. 

In the meantime I have had no income since the end of August. All my credit is maxed out because I'd been living on credit cards for a while. I have had to rely on food banks and the help of friends and family for minimal daily needs like TP and such. My bills are all now 2 months behind and I have received an eviction notice. I'm trying to get help through social services but it's a slow and intricate process, as some may know. It's all up in the air.

On top of everything, my cat's bad teeth problem has gotten much worse, to the point of him being near death. I knew about it before now but the cost to treat him was prohibitive and I had to put it off and hope. His name is Knight and he's a Tuxedo cat. He's only 13 and deserves a longer life but I can't get him in to the vet because I'm in such a deep financial hole I can barely see the sun. He is so smart and a wonderful companion when I'm feeling bad. I don't know what I will do without him. I won't even have money to lay him to rest if he does die. I've been doing everything I can to help him eat by offering food and water every hour. It's not very easy for him to eat and he's lost a few pounds. He's still trying, though, and so am I.

If you feel my story is deserving of your help I will use your donation to get us back on our feet. If I lose my home I don't know where we'd go. I will use this money to keep our home and get him the medical attention he needs immediately. I haven't been in this situation before and I'm afraid. I'm 57 and my fibromyalgia prevents me from hustling like I did when I was younger and healthier. I've always taken care of myself but now I'm hobbled by circumstances and need help desperately. 

Please consider a donation today to help me stay afloat until I can do it myself again. I have always believed in paying my blessings forward and practicing kindness. I'm hopeful you can feel that and know your help will not stop with me. 

Thank you for reading my story. I will never forget your kindness
I will help you if you are sincere about that. Text me [number removed]
If you are sincere about helping then please just click on my PayPal link at the bottom of my post. Thanks.