Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabled veteran scammer, not ready to give up...please help
Hello, my name is Melissa. I do pray that everyone is having a pleasant day. 

I have spent my entire life living in a way that I can help others. I believe that God brings every happiness and every sadness to us for a reason. I spend my life living in the happiness that I get. My biggest happiness is the love I get from my grandsons. When those arms wrap around me, that is where my true happiness lies. 

About four years ago, I started to go through a nasty divorce. My ex took everything from me. All the money I had saved in my business was taken by him. All the money we had in our personal accounts was taken by him. My business went down and I had to dissolve it and finally, I ended up losing my house. At that point, I decided to move back to my hometown and lived with my mom until I could get an apartment and start my life over. I was finally free from verbal, mental and emotional abuse. I was on my own and was beginning to start my life with a fresh outlook. Everything looked bright and new, but I was getting lonely. I desired to meet a man that would be my best friend. Someone who would treat me like I should be treated. 

I signed up on a dating app to begin my search. I talked to many men. Mostly men that were scammers.. some of them were perverts. I didn't need someone with money, I didn't and don't care about that. I am the type of person that would be happy living in a tent with the right man. Finally I had met someone that swept me off my feet. He was handsome and sweet. Now I am not a stupid person, but he pulled me in at a point when I was very vulnerable. Next thing I knew, he was asking me for small amounts of money for plausible reasons. And I obliged. Then it got bigger and needed more. Unfortunately, I fell for it all. I am know in debt to the amount of $4000. In the scheme of things, I am lucky that is all the further I got...but I am disabled and on a fixed income, so $4000 may as well be $400,000 for me. 

I have been paying my debts the best I can up until now. It has all caught up to me now. I can now only eat one meal a day. I don't have gas money for my vehicle to get to my doctor appointments, my vehicle needs to have a few minor repairs and I can no longer make the payment on my vehicle. 

I never thought I would have to do this and it rips me apart to have to ask anyone for money, but I am at the point where I don't have a choice. I can't lose my vehicle and I have to make the necessary repairs to it. I humbly ask for help. And I will forever appreciate anyone at least considering to help!!

God bless you all!!