Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survivor of domestic violence and starting over
I am a survivor of domestic abuse and am starting over with nothing but what clothes I was able to grab. I had to walk away from everything I owned because I had to get a way from the abuse before he really hurt me if not killed me accidentally from the abuse he had afflicted on me. This was by far the worst he had ever done giving me a concussion by throwing me out our front door by the back of my head and into the bumper of my car. Enough was enough and I did what I had to do in order to keep myself safe.

I need help with the cost of moving into my own place, getting electricity turned on, buying things that I need since I literally have nothing right now and fixing my car so I have reliable transportation. I start back to school on the 26th of this month and I am hoping to be into a safe place that I can call home before classes start so I can start the term without the stress of not having a place to live ect. This is a new chapter in my life that I attend to continue building myself backup becoming the independent strong woman that I know I am and want to be again. My abuser might have hurt me in many ways that's going to take time to heal from the emotional and mental trauma that I now have, but he will never have the satisfaction of knowing he broke me, because he didn't. I might be picking up the pieces and putting myself back together again, but the beauty of something that was once broken , can make something even more beautiful and unique once put back together. Kinda like broken glass. It will never be the exactly the same as it was, but when the glue dries and the light shines through all those pieces , you realize just how much stronger it is now and how beautiful it turned out to be.

That's me, I am that beautiful new masterpiece, the glue just hasn't dried fully yet so I am still fragile, but becoming stronger each and every day.

I appreciate any and all the help and support that I can get and promise to not take anything for granted and will pay it forward to other survivors of domestic abuse. I want to help other women by being a positive support and one day share my story giving them hope and encouragement. I'm not going to ask for a set amount of money, I am going to be appreciative of what help is given and use it towards a new home and a new beginning , and post updates of when I do find a place ect....

Thank you and God bless            PayPal.me/margs80