Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A girl with a dream...
My intention with this isn't to tell a sad sob story, but one of a girl with a dream of a better life.

I have lived my entire life in the deep end of the pool, never actually being able to fully stand on my own two feet. When I was a child I always wanted more, I knew there was a whole world out there waiting to be explored. Instead, I was abused, neglected, and told I wasn't wanted...I started taking care of myself at seven years old.

I've been trying and trying to figure out how to succeed, how to thrive in life, and how to be able to not just survive paycheck to paycheck. But, as you can probably tell, I am here because I just haven't figured it out. 
I'm currently 37, a mother of an amazing (almost) 4-year-old, and a wife to someone who refuses to grow up, be an adult, and have any ambition in life other than just existing. I've been a stay-at-home mom for the past 3 1/2 years and in that time, I've lost myself and have no idea who I am anymore. Before becoming a mom, I was in school full-time for pre-nursing, and I've put all that on hold. Living in this economy in a single low-income household is nearly impossible. We've racked up 25k in credit card debt, just to barely survive, and I've got 30k in student loans for a degree I never completed. 

I've been applying for hundreds of jobs this year in the hopes of digging myself out of this hole, but I've gotten only one response and did not get the job.
My goal and dream is to be able to get out of this debt, get out of this soul-sucking marriage, and move somewhere else to create a better life for my child and me. I want to be happy again, I want to help people in need, and I want not to have to check my bank account every single time I go to the store. 

One day, when I am stable and back on my feet, I want to travel the world to be able to help and support children in small villages. I want to make a difference in someone else's life, I want to pour my heart into helping others, and I want my life to have meant something. 

I appreciate anyone who has made it this far and hope you can find it in your heart to help me. Thank you so much and I hope you have a wonderful day!

paypal.me/letyourlightshine333

Thank you,
B