Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperately Need Help with Rent and Food
I hate begging or asking for help. I never do. But I don’t know what else to do. I feel very weird writing this out to a bunch of strangers. Apologies in advance if my message is all over the place, I’m a little nervous to even be doing this. 

Here is a little backstory of the problem I am dealing with:

I live alone and fully support myself. I’ve never had family that could help or that really cares, and I am denied for every loan or governmental help that I’ve ever applied for. I am at the point now that I have been behind on my bills and rent for almost a year. This has resulted in my Electricity and Internet (which I use for online schooling) being shut off on me several times and have even been threatened with eviction multiple times. Starting when I got covid and missed 7 days of work. I have never been able to catch back up. I live paycheck to paycheck, sometimes barely having money for food and relying on my job offering free snacks in the breakroom to get me through the day.

Now on top of already being in this situation I am now dealing with new health problems and new things to pay for. I’ve dealt with health problems that I had not been able to take care of for years. I did not have insurance for almost 10 years due to not being able to afford it and my jobs not offering any benefits. I’ve overworked myself in the past trying to make ends meet, at times even working 3 jobs at a time. I finally got a job that offers insurance, and I got a plan. Now that I have insurance I have been trying to get back to normal. I have Epilepsy and therefore have lost my license and am currently trying to go through the process of getting my license back which causes a whole other set of problems and setbacks in life

I Recently went to a doctor for a normal health check and trying to get help losing weight and all the normal things you need to do after not going to a doctor for almost 10 years. While we were doing routine blood work, they noticed that my Red Blood Cell count was high and has stayed high now for a few months. They diagnosed me with Thrombocytosis, and they started testing other blood levels and found out that my iron is dangerously low (like I am in the range that it could potentially cause me to lose consciousness and even getting dizzy just from bending down to pick something up.) along with a few other out of whack tests. After going over all the symptoms that I’ve been dealing with for YEARS, they are starting to suspect that I may have an auto immune disorder. I’m going for another blood test tomorrow, and the results of that test will decide whether I have to get an Endoscopy to see if my stomach lining is damaged. I have been having problems absorbing nutrients, including the iron they have put me on, along with many other stomach related symptoms that you guys probably don’t want to hear about.
The symptoms of all of this have been horrible, from constant stomach problems, headaches, dizziness, weight fluctuations, vertigo, even to acid reflux so bad there have been many, MANY times that I’ve been coughing up blood and choking on stomach acid in my sleep and missing work off and on from the pain and discomfort of it all. I normally just push through and deal with the pain because I cannot afford to lose out on my pay. Even one day missed makes it to where I can’t afford a bill. My insurance has not paid for some of these blood tests. The most recent 5 blood tests that I have gotten have put me in the hole medically by over $800, on top of all my past hospital bills and out of pocket doctor bills.

My insurance wont cover any of the blood tests or diagnostic procedures because I haven’t met my $3000 deductible, which I doubt I even will in one year. Without getting caught up I was told I wont be able to get any additional lab tests done until I pay them off what I owe. But I can’t even do payment because I’m so broke.
Maybe this is dumb of me to ask, but I would really being grateful if anyone could possibly help me get caught back up with my rent. I am so stressed out with everything and not knowing whether I will lose my apartment or not or the possibility of getting kicked out of school due to not affording my internet or even not having electricity for days, has put me in such a bad place mentally. I have struggled with severe clinical depression for years, ever since I was a young kid and I’m now 29 (my therapist even told me that I’ve been depressed for so long in my life that I need to relearn what happiness actually feels like and that I don’t know what it feels like to be “normal”) and this is making me feel like I’m breaking down. I put on a happy face for the world but man I am truly struggling. I don’t want to bore you with my whole life story, but trust me when I say, I have been through A LOT. and I just need a little help to get back to normal.

I am currently $210 behind on my electricity. $1025 behind on my rent. And I have no money in my bank account for food. My fridge and freezer are nearly empty. This is the lowest I have been in a very long time. If there is any way that anyone could help me with any of that. I could provide proof and screenshots or whatever to prove that the money has gone to my bills, anything if I could just get a little help. I really have nowhere else to turn. I’m like holding back tears as I type this. I really don’t know what to do anymore. The longer I stay behind the more I get behind. I apologize for the extremely long sob story, but I figured it would not hurt to shoot my shot at possibly getting some help. I appreciate you taking time to read my message and for any consideration.