Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparent but honest I am that statistic
Dear Friends and Supporters,I am writing to you today to share my story and to ask for your help. I am a prior foster youth who graduated high school but struggled with drug addiction and became a victim of sex trafficking. I moved away to Florida where I was able to turn my life around and stay sober for four years.However, with the onset of the COVID pandemic and my partner getting arrested, I relapsed. My baby was taken at birth, despite negative drug screens except for one. I received counseling but had a difficult time dealing with case management due to understaffing, which made it hard for me to become an advocate for myself and my son.After six months, I was able to reunite with my son, thanks to my hard work and dedication to staying clean. For the past nine months, I have continued to stay sober and be the best mother I can be. However, I am facing a new challenge: finding safe and affordable housing for myself and my son.Despite applying to all available state resources for housing assistance and calling every agency in Brevard, I have not been able to secure a suitable home. I currently rent a one-bedroom unit, but with the current housing boom, my previous home was sold, and I have no option to renew the lease.I am reaching out to you, my community, for help. I am seeking funds to assist me in finding stable and controlled housing for myself and my son. Your donation will provide me with the support I need to keep our heads above water during this difficult time.Thank you for considering my request. Any donation, large or small, will make a difference in our lives. In my 35 years of life I have seen a lot of things that most people will never experience in one lifetime that's not to make you feel sorry for me it's just my truth they're supposed to be programs that help people I am not statistic however anytime that I try I either make $22 too much or at the time did not have a child or because I rent a room and want a stable house I'm technically not homeless. I sit back and think man why does the news portray such a false narrative. Any advice or grants that you are aware of I am open to as well not just money I've worked since I've been 15 years old and yes I had a substance abuse disorder that I can admit is in my past I am only human thank you so much and have a great day