Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't watch the only family I have left suffer after all we've been through
I am a survivor of domestic violence....and so is my dog. Were finally safe and stable and on our own! But its not over yet, I need help I'm trying to raise money to get my Babygirls pain medication for her hip dysplasia and torn acl as well as hopefully being able to get the surgery to fix her acl. Also on her last vet appointment the vet noticed a lump on her throat, now this lump has grown rapidly it's noticeable when she turns her head and it's causing her to do this weird coughing/choking sound only when she sleeps and I have to massage her throat to get her back to her normal self. Babygirl was the runt of the litter and was used as a bait dog. She's so scarred up in the face, I rescued her from the then abandoned home where she was left to die. During the last 6 years I have had her I was in an abusive relationship resulting in a fractured skull, shattered cheek bone, 48 stitches in my lip and 37 in my eye and unfortunately Babygirl endured just as much pain as I did. One day she bit him during his attack on me and he hit her in the head with a hammer, she somehow survived and I know it's because she couldn't leave me with him like I couldn't leave her with him. One night while he was passed out we escaped and hitch hiked to a different state where noone would find us and no one knew us. I don't have any family to turn to it's just me and Babygirl now. Thats where i discovered Babygirl had a torn acl and severe arthritis in her hips. The shelter we were staying at closed and families with children were priority of course so for two nights me and babygirl slept outside until the a woman from the church offered me a bus ticket back to Ohio. So now here we are, no ones around to hurt us and no more being afraid. Babygirl is all I have in this world she truly is my best friend. I have a job making minimum wage but after paying for rent, groceries etc. there's no way I can afford to get her better. I feel like I'm letting down the only thing that's ever loved me, I just wanted to show her the whole world isn't bad, I can't watch her suffer I don't know what else to do.

Sharing my paypal link:  https://www.paypal.me/JenniferHartman626