Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newsagent kiosk!
Hi, my name is Jamie. I am currently selling the Big Issue and am currently sleeping on the sofa of a friend. I lost my job in a bingo hall during the pandemic and was forced to leave my bedsit when the landlord sold the property.
I feel lucky to sell the Big Issue but sometimes the reactions of hostile commuters, make me feel worthless and not want to continue selling.
A person doesn’t always feel like smiling and pretending to be feeling up all the time. All that energy could be put into doing something else, and at a good level.
You just have to make the best of it and delude yourself that you are enjoying it at times.
Despite this, I enjoy interacting with people and dream of what I will do when I get back on my feet. I like talking to people, and that’s the best thing about selling the Big Issue it gives you the chance to communicate.
I would love to have my own kiosk where I sell my own newspapers and drinks and snacks, a little business that would help me get my own room and feel like a worthwhile human being again.
The funds would be used to purchase a pitch and set up my own kiosk on it.
Thanks for any contributions you can afford to make, and I look forward to updating you on my progress.
Yours faithfully,
Jamie Branch.