Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anything helps.
Heart 
I’m not even sure if anyone will actually see/read this. So I suppose I really don’t have much of anything to lose going out on this limb. I’ve never done this but I’m  exhausting all resources at this point. 

I fell unemployed right before the holidays and things are starting to get really tight and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t starting to worry.. 

I’m a single mom to a bright beautiful little boy. Over the last almost 7 years I’ve raised him on my own with no help from his father whatsoever.  Doing anything needed to make sure he was taken care of. Even if it meant getting little to no sleep working 2 full time jobs to make ends meet or traveling out of state for weeks at a time and spending any bit of free time with him. After being out of state on and off for 7 months I couldn’t stand being away so I tried to find a more local employer so for once my son could have is mom home at night for the bedtime stories hugs and kisses so many of us received as children. 

I found a job helping people in recovery assisting them in their program and giving tips and tools to help move forward down their roads of newly found sobriety. I was elated to have such an opportunity beings as I, myself am also an addict in recovery with a year sober from alcohol and 4 years from drugs. Im thankful to say I get to keep fighting everyday since I got sober. 

I started my new job and things seemed like they were going to work for the better. A few weeks went by and I started to notice things that made me feel uneasy. Whether it was how the clients were being spoken to or wrongfully treated because other employees saw them as less than the mud on the soles of their shoes merely because they chose to use drugs. I kept my thoughts to myself for a while because I couldn’t risk stepping out of line and losing the one opportunity I had to be home every night with my son. 

The day came I finally had enough when I spoke out to my supervisor over a matter I had overseen and told him my thoughts on it. (Mind you he knew my background and everything I never kept it a secret). My supervisor looked at me and only replied with well you’re not much different than them right? So if not here what else is there really for you? My blood began to boil and I made the best decision I could. I walked out of the building immediately and never went back. 

I’ve been doing odd jobs, side work, cleaning homes and vehicles just about anything to make money to keep up while applying for jobs online, in person, going to work place centers. Trying to hold my composure and not disrupt my son’s schedule and routine and stability. 

I know times are tough for everyone and that so many more out there are struggling worse than myself. I pray every day for things to start looking up again and I know they will in a matter of time. It won’t be like this forever. We will continue to pray for the better days that’s are soon to come. Whether it’s financial help or simply keeping us in your thoughts and prayers with us and for us. Anything will help and know it’s all greatly appreciated. 

Cashtag: $BabyDuck978

Thank you again for your time. 
-A Grateful Mom?