Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Struggling to stay afloat, praying for a lifeline.
I chose my screen name because it represents who I am. I have everything in the world to be grateful for because I'm alive and well today, which is a miracle and a blessing given the previous path I was on. Addiction, isolation, and depression cost me everything. I am one of the fortunate ones - thanks to some support I didn't deserve and from places I didn't expect, I turned my life around. I've been promoted to management at a company from which I was previously fired, I've repaired my credit, I have my health, and now have 4+ years of sobriety thanks to a strong support group, a lot of hard and painful work on myself, and grace. I'm grateful. And always optimistic because I know the good things in life are out there for me if I keep my head up and focus on my priorities. Family tops that list. Having managed to repair much of that wreckage from a destructive past, I now face a new challenge and it is weighing heavily on me. Missed work due to COVID and my wife's struggling business has us in need of urgent help from somewhere or I'm fearful that things will soon be at a point beyond recovery. The biggest blow came in recent months - we've been saving for what feels like forever to build our first house where our daughter will have a yard to play in, a nice bedroom...everything she deserves. It's been our goal and we finally felt ready so we emptied our savings to the last penny to pay the builders deposit. The market has since taken a turn for the worse and the loan we barely pre-qualified for at the beginning of the process is now completely out of reach so we will not be able to move forward, which is devastating. The toughest pill to swallow is the builder will not be returning our deposit that we had worked so long to save. We've just taken a few lumps recently and are barely hanging on at this point. Bills are all late and piling up, collections calls are endless and the one bright spot was our hope that the new house would be not just a home but an investment for the long run, which we felt was worth the sacrifice. To have that vanish, and lose the deposit, has been absolutely soul crushing. We are drowning and at present there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. I ha e faith we will survive somehow someway and hopefully come out stronger as a family on the other side. Right now I'm so hopeful that someone out there might have the willingness to help us get back on our feet again and in a position to start our journey forward again. It would take a sizeable sum to bring all bills current and end the collections calls, etc. I will elect not to specify an amount for a couple of reasons - first, I wouldn't feel comfortable asking anyone for what seems (to me) like a lot of money and second is that no amount would be too small to help. Sincere thanks to anyone who would be generous enough and willing to lend a hand, and thanks also to those who may read this but choose to offer their resources elsewhere - kindness is kindness, and deserving of gratitude wherever and in whatever way it us shown. Thank you. Http://www.paypal.me/GratefulOptimist