Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with travel for new job opportunity
Hello, my name is Tim

I've been out of work for a few months due to lack of pipeline jobs in the oil & gas industry, so I've been trying to make ends meet by working under the table repairing and welding on trailers and other miscellaneous projects to try and make ends meet. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything good over the last month and my bank account including my savings is officially dried up. I've tried finding decent welding jobs in the area but the positions are usually filled by the time I find them and apply.

Honestly, asking for help is one of the hardest things to do and I can count with 3 fingers the amount of times I've had to do it in my life, but I'm going to have to use 4 fingers to count now, because I'm in desperate need of help financially for an opportunity and offer that was given to me. I posted my resume and cover letter along with documents of my certifications and other licenses to a company based in Lewistown, Montana that builds different types of mechanical projects and platforms for the aerospace industry. I was e-mailed two days ago, and they followed up with a phone interview yesterday where we went over my goals, details of their company, the types of projects they do and for whom. We also discussed my experience, knowledge of welding processes, projects I've worked on, plants I've worked in, my best accomplishments, the usual. It was one of the most amazing interviews I've ever had by telephone with a company. We even discussed the outdoors for some time considering I'm from Georgia and they're in Montana, so it was a nice conversation overall between the different types of fishing and wildlife they do compared to ours here in the southeast. This company just genuinely seems more concerned for their workers and overall well-being of them, it was like family. I was so comfortable and relaxed.

Early this morning, I received another call from them, I was officially offered the position with a deadline by mid-January to get there to do the paperwork and take my weld test and in their words "start our relationship together." I explained that I had some financial issues due to time away from the workforce because of a death in the family and struggling to help my family adjust to life without a loved one and helping the kids and all while schedules and arrangements were made as well as financially supporting the funeral costs and everything in-between. It was a rough few months, so they offered me relocation assistance but per company policy it's only reimbursement at this time for my expenses to travel there, and then they'll give me a home accommodation for 6mos to get me on my feet. This company was too great and the pay and bonuses as well as the benefits were too great to pass up, so I had to accept the job but I told them I will need that mid-January deadline to make it up there. I have to hit the ground running to get the money needed for fuel and food and maybe a night or two in a motel/hotel. They agreed.

So here I am, I'm in desperate need of help with funding for gas, food, and a place to lay my head at night until I reach them and get settled as well as possibly keep my bills paid and head above water until I begin receiving my paychecks. The trip will take around 2-3 days if all goes well, and if you're able I'd greatly appreciate any help that you can offer. You can even message me and I'd happily express my gratitude as well as give an update of where I'm at and how things are going and with pictures!

Thank you for taking the time to read my brief story and for considering helping me. If you decide to, you can donate using the below paypal link, and I've set up a CashApp for users that may use that. This is such a great opportunity that will greatly help me with a new career with a promising permanent position and better future for my family and myself. Any and all help is truly appreciated.

Tim

PayPal:
http://paypal.me/gunwrath75

CashApp:
$Timerican