Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking for a Fresh Start
I’m about to be a dad! I’m so excited, but me and my wife have had a series of unfortunate events during the last few months. I’ll summarize them as best as I can below:

June: My air-conditioning broke. I’m pretty sure this happened during the winter in 2021 and I didn’t notice right away. I did the best I could to sweat it out but I couldn’t last very long in the Texas summer heat and had to replace my condenser ($1000). During the same month by breaks and rotors completely failed (thankfully I didn’t crash but this cost $900). Lesson learned on preventative maintenance, or so I thought.

July: I blew a tire and found that all four of them were down to the threads and needed replacing ($750). After that my dog developed severe pancreatitis and had to have emergent vet care in the middle of the night ($1200). Finally, worst of all, my wife had to put her life-long dog down due to advanced CHF ($900). 

August: Our washer broke and needs replacing/repair (maybe $200 on marketplace but I’m not sure).

I don’t normally have issues like this but a lot of things came up all at once. I really want to be free from all this debt that’s been wracked up before my little baby gets here. Just to be transparent, I’m not homeless or starving, and I do have a good job. I’m just at a point where I feel like I can’t catch up. I feel a little sleezy for asking strangers for money, but maybe if I’m lucky, Elon Musk trolls this thread or something. I massively appreciate any and all help! I’m also riveted to see my spam folder in a few days haha Smile

Thank you,

Jacob

PayPal.me/glipglopd