Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost free from DV - Requesting bill help
I'm literally shaking with anxiety writing this because I am scared of what to expect I never really knew something like this existed to help people and I hope that someone hears my plight.

I'm a 43 year old mother of 3 teens: 2 sons, one daughter. I live in Baltimore and I am currently going through a divorce. Long story short - I'm ending a newlywed marriage due to alcohol abuse, domestic violence and emotional abuse. In two years there have been many instances of threats to hurt, maim or ki@$, myself or my family. There have been physical fights, bruises, more threats, public outbursts, accusations and abandonment with a lot of "I don't remembers".

It started early on but my breaking point was at the point of my second year anniversary in March when he fought me in front of my 13 year old and also wrestled him while he was trying to come to my aid. In the same morning, he skipped out on our anniversary trip to Hawaii. Thankfully, I still had my daughter to go with me. I didn't hear from my husband until day 4. When I returned back home, he became "sick" from not taking his medicines and drinking which landed him in the hospital for another few days.

After his release, he unexpectedly came home drunk and proceeded to verbally attack me while I was working from home. This attack quickly escalated from verbal to physical when he tried at attack and wrestle me again. I proceeded to call the paramedics to come so they could check him out. While giving much belligerence with the medics, he managed to lunge from where he was and attacked me punching me in my chest --- IN FRONT OF THE MEDICS.

They proceed to call the BPD who responds and basically has to tackle him down. During this, he proceeded to spew that he was going to k@#$ me, my kids, my parents, and even if I moved and went back to Florida, he would find someone to hunt me down and he would k@#$ me. He was then taken away to a hospital.

Restraining order was immediately filed and a friend sat with me for a while. Later around midnight, he manages to get to the house from the 2nd hospital and starts acting erratic again. Walking, pacing, spewing nonsense out of his mouth. I advised he needed to go before I called the police. He acted like he didn't want to listen so I called with no hesitation.

The craziest part of this situation that happened was my 13 year old son saw him grab a tool which turned out to be pliers and go into our basement. He came back out and left right before the cops came. The cops came, take a quick report and suddenly we start to smell gas in the house. Three of the four officers smelled it and immediately called the BFD and BGE (electric company). BFD and BGE use their tools to search for a gas leak in the basement and it turns out to be dangerously high. They went door to door on our block evacuating people from their houses for fear of an impending explosion. This was 1:30 in the morning.

BGE/BFD proceed to check the house and they find him passed out on the floor, heavily intoxicated and incoherent. They take him out of the house and to the third hospital under police supervision. He is admitted to the psych ward which gave me some time to act on a move. He managed to get out of the psych wards admission into a regular hospital admission due to "seizures" the doctors later determined were psychosomatic.

I packed my kids up and moved. We have pending court dates for him with a total of three charges: 2x second degree assault for myself and my son, and the third, arson/intent to commit. There is currently a warrant out for his arrest.

This was just one instance. One of the biggest ones where I literally shut down emotionally and had to step up for my kids.

The move was fine. The kids are fine. Not even a week later, I lost my job working for a company that does fix and flips. This was my highest paying job in my life and it dealt a blow financially because I went to being the sole provider for months for my family. I've worked really hard the past two years at rebuilding my credit and financial life and due to the lack of income and emergency savings (my fault), I am now behind on my rent and other bills. I have been very diligent in looking for another good job and have struggled. We do have food in our house, our lights are on but my rent is behind. I have applied for assistance from the city and my landlord is well aware but she has still filed for eviction. This is literally making me sick and is very disheartening. I have no family to rely on and my friends have issues of their own. Even with my hard work in rebuilding my financial life, I still can't qualify for an actual loan.

I really need help to pay off as many debts as I can so I can make a move free and clear while I look for a remote job in finance. I have taken up a job at UPS to get by and that only makes $15/he and almost all UPS jobs are part time 17-20 hours a week. I literally can't live off of that. I have resorted to looking for restaurant and day labor jobs as well to make ends meet.

I need a clean and free break from this mess. When my ex gets caught, he will most likely be going to jail for a few years. That's not my issue. My issue is to protect myself and my children and to keep being the example. I have high hopes for my children and self but need some serious help from someone who will believe in me enough to help get this done.

Any amount, and I mean any amount will help.

My world, though shaky, has been rocked upside down. My kids peace has been rocked upside down. My peace as well. I'm so nervous about things right now because I don't want to fail and I truly can't afford to fail. My kids parents are watching. Not saying much but watching and looking to strike.

I just need some help and some peace. I would give it over again and again to anyone who needed it but right now I am the one in need of real life help. I made spreadsheets of everything I have. Please if your heart tugs you, consider in any way you can.

Thank you for reading. Blessings.

https://paypal.me/LAKEISHAMCSWAIN
Cash app: $ThatGKei