Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save a dog from being shot in the head please
Hi I live in a city where there is only one animal shelter and it is filled to capacity with a long waiting list for admittance. Because of this, lost or stray dogs are sent to the kennel contracted with my city to act as dog control. The kennel owner shoot the dogs in the head as a means of euthanizing after 48 hours in their possession if unclaimed. I’ve confirmed this with the dog warden in the dog law department of my county. The kennel has incentive to kill because the city pays them $50 per dog they kill. We have an urgent need for a second shelter in our city so we can save these dogs. I’ve successfully registered with the IRS and was granted 501©(3) status. I am trying so hard to make the space to save these poor dogs but the hardest part has been funding. I’ve sent a letter to the mayor, senator, state legislator, chamber of commerce, the Catholic Church in my neighborhood, crowdfunding websites and social media, applied for 30 grants so far and counting, asked local stores to be sponsors, and to no avail. I’ve asked everyone I know if they can be fosters so we can start taking the dogs out of the animal control kennel before they’re killed but no one has volunteered yet. I have four rescues already and I have the room in my home to take in a few more comfortably but I would also need funding to do so. If anyone reads this and has a heart for animals like I do and can help me out, I will save an animal from the kill kennel with the funds and I will name it after you. Thank you: PayPal.me/ruffhauser