Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Father of Two with Home Damage from Tornado
Hello and thank you for reading my post! 

My name is Aaron, I work full time in the KY Nation Guard and I'm a single father of two sweet young girls ages five and seven living in Western Kentucky. 

It's been two months since a tornado tore through my hometown in KY and destroyed land and property. Thankfully I was home and the girls and I were able to shelter in the cellar, but our home took quite a bit of damage including collapsed supports, broken windows and major roof damage. 

We have managed to scrape by on meager savings and finish many of the repairs while staying with a family friend nearby, but now were down to having the roof repaired and the cost is staggering. Unfortunately, after my wife died and we moved to Kentucky last February, I never got around to insuring our house and now my family is paying for it. I have applied and been denied for state assistance and we are starting to wear out our welcome for where we are staying now.

I have gotten multiple estimates on repair cost with the lowest being $10,500. I in no way expect to receive large sums of money from anyone, but every dollar will add up towards our goal of being back in our home soon. Even if you can spare $25 or $50 dollars to help with groceries, the car payment, or gas to work and the kid's school it would be very much appreciated.

To everyone out there in similar situations, I'm praying for you as well.

paypal.me/crowley95