Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to go back to school
My situation is simple but difficult, what 20 year old doesn't have a hard life unless they have full supporting parents and are happy in their situation. 
I am a 20 year old currently unemployed in her first 6 months in the work force. I come from a harsh family background. My mom no longer wanted to invest any money or moral support into my future and left my life hoping I would make it on my own. I started with nothing because prior to this life I was only a high school student that got her diploma at 20 due to moving around a lot, changing schools and redoing a year 3 times due to a change in the education system. I grew up trying to meet the standards of my mom only to find out at the end that if I wanted to do something different she doesn't want to be a part of it. So here I am, dreaming of going back to school, changing my current lifestyle and hoping I had better financial support. I am an only child, one parent and no family ties with my family. I only have experience as a cook and with very little experience I am payed very little, I have had to live in and out of friends places because I can't support myself with rent, for now only food but even that scares me. I have worked as an English tutor, cook and babysitter, but when there is no monthly payment coming in everything seems to take a long time. I don't want to lose hope and I am someone who works hard and researches all the solutions possible. I have already made my school wishlist, applied for student aid and scholarships hoping that by September I will be a student again. I just need some money to put on the side for living expenses but of course I will have to work part time to have money coming in. My goal is to have my own tiny place, to be responsible of myself and have a normal student life. I am thankful for my friends that give me a roof over my head but I dont want to spend the next 7 months dependent of them. I just need a chance and a financial support to get me going. I started with zero and with the few jobs I have had I am nowhere close to supporting myself. I don't have an amount that I am asking for, only that if you think I am worth helping any penny will give me a chance to have a normal life. Thank you.