Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A tiny push to start over again
I live in Venezuela and things have gotten worse in recent years; my family and I stopped being the happy family we used to be due to different circumstances, money being one of them. I'm an English teacher but in my previous job, I was getting paid $2 per month, which wasn't enough to hold a family of 5. It's been hard to come back up and to try and find a new job, and being a Freelancer hasn't given me the best results. It has helped me, of course, but it barely covers 10% of the house expenses.

All I've wanted to do is see my family happy and go back to what we were, but I know that's something I will probably never achieve while I'm here, that's why I wish I could leave and start working to make money and help them have the decent life it was taken away from us. I've tried to leave the country for almost 3 years already, but money is always a complicated thing here; you either spend it on food or "waste" it on something you also need. I'm tired of this life and I'm tired of the suffering my family has been put through. I want to stop seeing my dad and my mom always being stressed about what we're going to eat each week; it all has come down to a depressing situation that we don't know if we're going to come out of (I'm hopeful we will).

Maybe it sounds like a lot but $1000 would help us with tons of stuff in my house and with the needs of my family (food being the main thing we need, and now that Christmas is getting closer it's almost like an emergency). Even with $500, I'm okay; this could be a huge start for me to see more light in this tunnel, and to see my family less stressed and happier, at least for a short while until I make it out of here.

I would appreciate the help. Thank you.  Heart