Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEED HELP WHILE WAITING FOR DISABILTY!
Heart 
Hi! I have been going through the process to get on disability for two years. I have my hearing coming up in three months. The pandemic hit me hard financially and I've been trying my best to keep my house. I wasn't able to pay the full amount of hoa dues for a few months during the pandemic. During that time, my power and phone would constantly be disconnected as well. I have been eating from the wonderful food bank near me and have since been doing better. They are helping me get on food stamps.
I have done everything to save myself from losing my home and save money. I haven't bought any new clothes in two years (my shoes all have holes but duct tape keeps them together), the dollar tree became my only grocery store, and I have tried to maintain job after job. I live in a "Right to Work" state which means they can fire anyone for any reason. You KNOW when they actually fire you because of a disability because they will list a random small cause like "didn't wear uniform properly" when you forget a belt one time months ago. My disability prevents me from bending down or carrying things more than 50 lbs because my back will stop working and I become paralyzed. I tried unemployment but it doesn't cover people who were fired, even if I was fired for the smallest thing.

I don't have health insurance and haven't for 3 years but I am on a financial assistance program with the hospital near me so I have been getting treatment. The program only covers the absolute minimum to keep me alive. I'm drowning in thousands of dollars of medical debt from several long term stays at the hospital due to my disability.

The HOA came after me legally when the restrictions were lifted. I made a contract with them detailing an agreement to pay them back 4 months ago. Since then, every single dollar I make has been going to them beside $40 for gas once a month. 

I haven't been able to pay my property taxes for 2020 and 2021 so now there is a lien on it. I would sell my small two room condo home to pay off everything but it is legally tied up right now and I would have absolutely no where to sleep. I don't have family because I'm an orphan who was emancipated at 17. One of my old foster care moms has been a blessing to me but she has 4 other kids and I have not legally been her responsibility for around 7 years.
Overall, I have done a lot better for myself than the majority of the other foster kids I know, but I am so tired. My soul is tired. I cry a few times a day and I just really need some help and a break. I can't take breaks from working everyday because if I do, it all falls apart. I have no one to lean on. Becoming disabled has ruined my life.

So I am asking for help on here. Literally anything helps. It will go towards gas, the staple food that the food bank doesn't provide like milk and eggs, paying off my hoa debt, my property debt, and my medical debt.
Things will get better soon. I've put in too much work for it not to be. I thank you in advance. Heart

Cashapp: $mdgaara