Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabled and homeless need help
Quote:Ok where do I start? I'm a 44 year old man from Indiana in early 2019 I got frostbite on my feet. I had three toes amputated and I'm in need of at least two more surgeries. I've been unable to work since March 2019 and have applied for disability but have been turned down twice and now is currently going through an appeal. So there I was disabled and no job then in mid 2020 my wife divorced me and I had no money and nowhere to go. I didn't get anything in the divorce besides clothes, a few personal things and a vehicle. I have been living in my vehicle for over a year now and I just don't see any resolution besides my disability coming through but they said it will take at least 6-9 months from now and it's really starting to get cold here. I need more surgeries that have a healing time of about 6 weeks a piece. I have to get the tendons cut in my remaining toes and then I will have pins protruding from the tip of my toes until healed then they get removed. I don't have enough room in my vehicle to keep my feet elevated not to mention it's cold and cramped. Ive looked into government things to help with money but I'm a single man with no minor children so it's next to impossible. I need money for a place to stay so I can have my surgery and hopefully it will work. I also suffer from high blood pressure, major depression and anxiety as well as edema which causes my legs to swell up. I'm supposed to keep the elevated above my heart but that's impossible in my current living situation. I'm kinda stuck I need to fix myself to ever have a chance of being able to work again but I can't do it currently. I've worked had all my life up until a little over two years ago. My mom helps me out with food but the is no room for me to stay there. I park in my brothers driveway and he doesn't have room inside either. Anything you could do to help would mean the world to me. Thanks in advance.  PayPal.Me/jeremymanns1977