Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broke due to events that don't happen to normal people
Two months ago I started a new job as a nanny on a ranch. Part of the “nanny package” was a four bedroom house on 5 acres a couple miles down the road from the ranch. They offered to have my husband, my self, and our 4 kids move into this house and live there free of charge with utilities covered for the duration of the time I worked for them. Before I accepted the job we let them know that our biggest fear was something not working out, and us being out a home because we would be dropping everything to move out there. They reassured us that they would make sure we had a place to live even if things didn't work out until we found a new place so we made the move.  Two weeks after we took residence in this place, the ranch owner and my husband got into a disagreement about some lifestyle choices and he kicked my husband and kids off the ranch, and moved me from the house included in my employment to a one room studio cabin 100 yards from their house. Leading up to this move, we did notice that they were trying to keep me busy late into the night, and it seemed like they were slowly trying to separate me from my family. 
My husband is a disabled vet who gets disability, and based on the fact we dropped everything to move onto their property, we agreed that I needed to continue working for them until I could find something else because we needed the income. About a week after moving into the new cabin, and working 18 hour days, and going a week without seeing my family, I got a phone call from my boss one night about 10 o’clock asking me to come to their house for an “employee meeting.” Upon arrival I was greeted by my boss, a fifth of crown down, and he drunkenly informed me that one of the ranch hands popped dirty on a drug test and he “needed my help teaching him a lesson.” He loaded me and the ranch hand up in his truck and drove us to his cabin where he stationed me by the front door to “supervise” and he led the ranch hand throughout his house, instructing him to take everything he owned outside and to place it on the lawn. Once his cabin was empty, boss man put all of his clothes in a pile, and proceeded to light everything else ranch hand owned on fire. I packed up my stuff that night and left before they woke up the following morning. 
I've been looking for a new job over the past month and had a job interview lined up last Saturday for a bartending position. Last Friday night my husband and I were in a car accident at 12:13am in which we rolled our car 6 times totaling it, and fractured my arm. Thankfully we did not have the kids with us, but needless to say I had to cancel my interview as I’m no good tending bar with a broken arm. I have my next follow up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Monday, but after leaving a job I don’t qualify for financial help, and with 4 kids things are very tight until I can go back to work. My husband is picking up side jobs when he can but he is limited on what he can do. I found a job I can do for the time being until my arm is healed, however I will not get my first check until the 21st and we need help getting through until then. We have to rely on family for transportation right now until we can afford another vehicle. We found a small house to move into as the place we left had been rented to someone else during our time away, but this place is $800 more a month than we are used to. I am asking to hopefully put together $1000 to help with the deposit on the new house, along with getting some groceries for the time being until 

We found a small house to move into as the place we left had been rented to someone else during our time away, but this place is $800 more a month than we are used to. I am asking for $1000 help to go towards our deposit, and to help with groceries until we can get something else lined up. 

**SIDENOTE** Highly recommend the Dodge Journey. My husband and I both should have died in said accident and the only injury was my arm. 

I’d love to follow up with photos of my children, the car after the accident, my arm in a cast, whatever details I can find to paint a picture of everything. 

Cashapp: $sloanehawkee

Thank you in advance!