Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Small Amount of Help That Will Make All the Difference
Summary
  • asking for $98 USD (but any amount will help)

• incurred debt during recovery from seizure

• money needed to start new job and rebuild (for car registration + license fees)

• no other help available

• job will help put me through genetics + physiology degree, my grades are on track (A-A+) and I want to help people afflicted with genetic illnesses

• The job will also help me repay kindness to my girlfriend, someone who I met after the seizure, who loves me despite my situation
I'm writing this message for anyone who has any amount of money they don't mind sparing.
I'm in bad financial and mental health trouble and have nowhere to turn. Recently recovered from seizure, hallucination, loss of motor function and mental ability. Asking for some cash because I wont be able to start my new job and get on my feet without re-registering my car and paying license fees, as my job requires me to drive. I incurred hefty debt during the months of my recovery and badly need this job. During recovery I was able to get a small amount of help from my countries version of welfare but could not keep up with bureaucratic requirements so am barred from any further assistance.
During my recovery I was diagnosed with schizoid personality disorder, although I am not sure on this as I care very much about others and my new job (support worker) and line of study (gene therapy) are based around this. This condition (if I have it) would make me more likely to end up homeless and stay homeless once it happens.  I think some of the things that characterize a schizoid are happening with me (like no close friends), but they feel like pain and suffering while a schizoid is supposed to be indifferent.  I'm trying to do everything I can to not end up a statistic and bring some quality of life to myself and the few people in my life. Being able to get this job is a big part of being able to do that.
My parents are somewhat poor and have their own problems, they have made it clear they will not help me financially. That's their choice and I do not expect or feel entitled to help, and I'm grateful for the childhood they gave me.  I have just reached a desperate point where I need to ask as I have no other options. If you are wondering about the origin of the seizure, I can tell you I am not nor ever have been a drug user. I believe it may be how my genetics respond to stress, as my father has had similar problems in the past.  Much of my life is on an upward swing right now, I have started to connect and do better in so many areas but that will evaporate if I can't get this job to support myself. I would be forever grateful for your kindness and would love to pay it forward once I'm in a position to help someone the same way as I am asking.

Thank you for taking the time to read.  Smile Heart