Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamale Lady Seeks Small Help
Hello Everyone! My name is Nikki. I reside in the southwestern United States. I am writing in hopes of gaining some small monetary assistance in covering the cost of supplies for selling tamales and, ultimately, being able to pay rent. I lost my job in the food service industry ten days ago. I put in my two weeks notice of resignation but, unfortunately, was removed from the schedule prior to my anticipated last day of work. At the moment, I am actively applying for jobs and selling tamales to cover my expenses. My landlord has been very understanding of my situation and has extended my due date for rent until tomorrow. My rent is $475 and I have exactly $380 to my name. I am able to sell about 50 tamales each day for $2 each. After expenses, my profits are about $75. I can sell once more again tomorrow morning and will likely end the day with $455 total. This puts me in a difficult situation because I will not have the entirety of the rent nor have any additional money for tamale supplies. 

I have already applied for SNAP Food Assistance and am expecting the card in the mail soon. I also went to the food bank today and received some basic goods to cook for myself and my child. I've asked family for help to no avail as I was the breadwinner for many years. I pawned my jewelry though the loan amount was small. I don't qualify for unemployment benefits. I don't qualify to donate plasma. I've put other expenses on hold such as canceling internet, streaming services and auto-pay for bills. I'm also refraining from driving my car or taking public transport. I'm not sure where to find other resources for assistance until I secure a job.

I hope that I can receive any amount of help as it will go a long way toward my expenses. Thank you so much for reading this and I appreciate your consideration! Have a wonderful day! https://www.paypal.me/naml505