Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A veteran in need of a reprieve
Hello.

I'm actually writing this on behalf of someone who is in serious need of financial aid. The father of my son, Dan, who served the US Army for years before he was forced to leave due to a heart condition, decided he was going to make a better life for himself and our kid by going back to school to earn his degree. He graduated with honors in environmental science.

We are not sure if it's the current state of the market or just Alaska, but NO ONE is hiring. To make matters more desperate he even went as far as submitting an application to McDonalds only to get rejected because he is "too overqualified". Over the course of six months he has sent hundreds of resumes with little to zero call backs.

It's just been me financially supporting him at my retail job, which I can barely handle on my own due to how expensive Alaska is. And the bills keep piling up one after and another.

Fortunately his brother reached out to him and is willing to move him and the family to Mississippi. It will be difficult for our son to adjust because he is autistic and has lived nowhere else, but it's better than being homeless. I want Dan to start over in a new place without the burden of debt dragging behind him.

That is why I'm here.

He has lost all hope of anything getting better for him-- already he's pretty defeated by this entire situation at 41 years old with nothing to show. I'm doing all I can to keep everyone fed, but my job doesn't cover nearly what I need to keep a family afloat. ANY amount of money is helpful. Everything will go into paying bills, food, and the expenses needed to get him back on his feet again.

Thank you for reading this. My hope is that this will show that the world hasn't completely turned its back on him.

paypal.me/jesskimoz