Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Paying for my Mom's Plane Ticket
Shocked 
Hi, my name is Nadia and my mom and I were recently invited to travel to Italy with some people from our church. We both have never been outside of the country, and I've never even flown on a plane before so I was excited even though I knew it would be difficult to come up with the money since we are a low income family. We decided we'd try to raise the money. We though we had enough time but it turns out in order to get the cheapest deals for the trip you have to pay for trip months and months in advance. The church has asked for the money sooner than we thought and we had just barely been able to raise enough money to pay for only one ticket. My mom of course said that she was sending me with the money that we were able to collect but I really wanted to be able to travel with my mother. She is my constant provider, working long hours each day just to provide for me to point of her body aching most days, and she never complains but I do hear her say every now and then that she would just love some time to take a vacation. So I decided to try to raise the rest of the money without her knowing to hopefully surprise her. I asked aunts, uncles, cousins, teachers, and neighbors for donations,  but most of them didn't even bother to respond to me. I even created my own donation box and walked all around my neighborhood asking for donations to no avail. The deadline to pay is the first week of September and I'm all out of options. The cost of the ticket is $849. So if anyone would like to donate anything to try to help me get enough to pay for her ticket then I would be eternally grateful. Anything helps really. Thank you. My paypal.me/nadisimms