Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Helping parents after dad lost job
Hello, 

My name is Amanda and I’m 23. I live with my parents and I have a full time job. I’m also studying for my GED at the moment and I have been trying to save enough money to afford a car and to move out into a place of my own (which seems impossible these days). The day after Christmas 2018 my step dad had lost his job. My mom only works part time (2 or 3 days a week due to some medical issues) and hardly brings home enough money every 2 weeks to get food on the table with the minimum wage of $7.25. Living off of spaghetti and sandwiches, and on occasions when meat is on sale for $5 (hardly but sometimes)my  dad has been applying for jobs and not a single person has called back. so for the last 6 months and counting,I’ve decided to help my parents out as much as I can. My savings is almost gone, I’ve had to pay over 3 grand for all their bills every month and rent.  We have canceled our cable and home phone and trying to crack down on every “extra” expense we can. I’ve been trying to sell some of my things on eBay just to make ends meet. Barely making it with the internet bill and all the others. They’re all late by one month if not 2 due to having to pay for rent first. My dad even tried to do some work for our landlord for a little bit, but it was too much for him to handle and finished the job and told him he can’t anymore. This isn’t even the first time my step dad has lost his job. Happened a few years ago as well and for almost 8 months I was paying all the bills and rent again. So to have all my savings I worked hard for just to have it ripped out from me again. I know it’s not my problem..but it’s my parents. I do live here too, so In a way it is my problem. I get so upset just at the thought of having to start all over again with my savings. I’m trying to stay positive but I feel I’m never going to get out of my parents apartment . Please anything you can contribute will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much you kind strangers
PayPal.me/BowDownPiggies