Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Request for Help
So this is just a longshot, bit of a swing in the dark. 

My name is Mark, I'm 28 and I'm from West Yorkshire in the UK 

To be quite honest I'm quite embarrassed to be creating this request for help thread. Writing this doesn't come easy. 

I've been independent and have worked hard for everything I have in life, have never fell on fortune or luck, nor have ever asked anyone for help. So to create this post feels almost like I'm forfeiting if that makes sense. 

I'm a very driven individual, I believe and live by the code that I should work hard for what I want, for 12 years I have been in employment. I've worked my way into a challenging role I can honestly say I'm quite proud of what I've achieved.

I'm the happy fella. Positive, always up for a laugh, empathetic, greet everyone with a smile, make everyone smile, even if it's at my own expense  - Would hope to think I'm liked by most people. 
The happy jokey fella is actually just quite a good actor lately... I've been struggling financially for a while to balance my income/outgoings. Every month I can feel myself getting closer to that 'line', the tipping point where I just cant wing it anymore. 
I'm great at budgeting, know how much I need to pay out and I prioritise bills orderly. I consider putting £30 in my fuel tank an absolute treat once a month on payday. 

I work on average 50-55 hours a week and spend between 7-8 hours commuting to work and back each week. I'm contracted to 45 however constantly having to do overtime just to try keep my income up. I've quite literally become reliant on the overtime money that comes from working myself into the ground. 

The issue is that I can work endless hours, im perfectly capable and willing. But my home life is also crumbling because I'm hardly at home.. and when I am at home, I'm not if that makes sense...
I have been with my girlfriend for over 5 years now and we have the best 4 year old son ever. That's not even proud parent speak. He's just a blessing. 
I'd love to be able to stop panicking over bills one day and actually be able to save up enough not just to put £30 in my fuel tank, but also a ring on her finger. She honestly deserves it. 

I'm quite literally living to work, and working to exist. Which I know.. that's life, but I'm just asking for some help. 
I live to my means but my means aren't much. I just need to break the cycle, breathe a little, tilt back onto the 'ok' side rather than live in fear. Yes the living in fear bit sounds exaugurated but it's not... I'm an over thinker unfortunately :/ 

I'm not sure what I'm expecting from this. I hope for the best and expect the worst usually. So worst case scenario I've at least had some keyboard practice and possibly someone will read this in a similar scenario and not feel so alone? … if not then it's just me, doing something wrong haha. 
But on the off chance you're that millionaire who's out there. You could possibly donate to this 'begger' here - paypal.me/pmarkw