Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancer sucks!!!
I recently lost a good friend of mine that lost his fight with cancer. He was a local city police officer that most of the people here respected. He has a wife and 4 kids that are dealing with the harsh lost and struggling to make ends meet now. He was kind of an old fashioned guy to where he worked and the wife was to stay home to raise the kids. Now after being married and not working for around 20 years, she has to find a job to make ends meet. He might've went away, but all the bills haven't. I know that they have been selling some of his gun collection of to get by, but that isn't right because that was some of his cherished possessions that should be handed down to the kids so they can have something of their dad's. I know that they had some local fundraising for the family, but that was depleted trying to pay for the funeral and medical bills. What I'm trying to accomplish is by making a annonumous donation to the family so it can relieve some stress of the cost of living, take a vacation somewhere where they can ease their minds a little, or maybe use the money to be able to buy him a proper head stone for his grave. I just found out that they don't have enough money to get his head stone and I offered to help with that, and the wife refused because she doesn't want to be a burden on me or anyone else that has a family to support. I was going to try a GoFundMe to where I'd probably have no problem raising the money, but there's no way that I can without her finding out and getting mad at me. I figured by strangers on here, she won't know till it's to late, and the locals won't know anything about the financial bind that she's in.
So any help will be greatly appreciated! And it will be a good feeling to try to make a broken family have some sort of relief. Here's the account link that I set up https://www.paypal.me/DaveH319