Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help getting my life back together by getting my car out of repo
Heart 
Hello, my name is Jordan. I am not used to asking for help like this and I'm not really sure how exactly to say everything. I just wrote basically a book about what had happened last year to me that started this whole financial problem but I ended up deleting it because after 3,000 words I wasn't even halfway done. I figured I would try and get more to the point and I am also not trying to blame everyone else, I know that I am not perfect and that I definitely made mistakes and got myself into this position as much as any outside source. 
   I am asking for $3,000 to get my car back from repossession. I have to pay $3,000 by March 31st, 2019 in order to get my car back or I will not be able to get it back and my credit will take the hit as well as my co-signers, which is my mothers who make $15,000 a year and has finally got her credit to a "needs work" score. I have no other way of getting help, all of my jobs I have to need me to have a vehicle. I can not get a loan anywhere, I have applied non-stop to every possible agency and I have asked every person I know who could afford to do it, to no avail. 
   So I just got out of a horrible relationship which left me confused and depressed but also behind on bills and left to pay all of them on my own. I had supported my ex for a year and then missed two months of bill payments and also two months of work with the plan being, not to be left alone with no help from my ex. When I was able to start working again, I worked non stop it seemed like and was trying my hardest to try and get back to current on my bills while somehow making enough to make the upcoming payments. I was dealing with some serious depression and because of some horrible things that had happened making part of me feel like my ex-girlfriend had passed away in the hospital and I had lost her for good the other part of me had no closure and had broken my promise to her which was not let her get sucked back into her old ways and go back to the way she was when I met her which she had realized she hated. I had no friends, all my family was 3,000 miles away, I kept feeling like every little thing kept going wrong which would keep draining any money I had made. I fought through my depression and even though I never have been one to go to therapy I was realizing it might be a necessary thing for me to go to. The thing was, I had no funds or time to even try and find a therapist and schedule a session. 
   My roommate at the time had helped me with rent since we were both on the lease. He makes a ton more money than I do and I thought he understood what I had just gone through in the past year and especially the past month. He had previously paid the whole rent that was due and let me pay him back when I could.  I made mistakes by letting my sorrows get to me and honestly I was losing track of time and falling asleep in my car while on break at work (my jobs were all related to driving) so I was missing my rent payments, thinking he was helping me out and being a friend. I also made the mistake of being a loner and not communicating with him about the rent situation, I also didn't do the math and realize that the household had lost my ex but also her best friend who moved back to Utah with her, they both weren't on the lease even though they were supposed to be. So my rent went from $500 to $1500 which was way out of my budget. I took a risk and started a side business, opening an eBay and Amazon store, selling dietary supplements. The business started doing well and things were looking more possible than impossible. 

I had just paid off my selling fees which drained my savings, which wasn't much at all. then my car broke down and I brought into the shop with high hopes that my extended warranty would be covering the cost of the repairs. The repairs were $1200 for a snapped timing belt and water pump replacement. My warranty said they needed to see maintenance records before they could cover anything. I had everything except oil changes because I changed my own oil but I had all my old oil and old filter but they were not excepting that. They told me that they would need receipts of me buying the oil. The issue I had with that was the timing belt has nothing to do with oil changes.  I was without a car which I needed for work and I was out of money and very low on product. I asked everyone for help, for any kind of loan or donation. I applied at every bank and website for a loan but I had no credit history and was denied everywhere and no one I knew could help me. After two weeks of struggling to get by and spending any money I had on dog food for my dog, I was finally able to get five receipts together from five different stores and four different cards and my warranty covered my repairs. 
   I finally got my car back and was so happy to get back to work and was so ready to get my life back together and just work and pay off everything I owed. I quickly went to work and started restocking my store as well. During this time period, I ran into more bad luck, my phone broke and I was without a phone (which I need for work) for a few days. This put me back once again, I received a letter from the company that financed my car that said my car was in repossession and could be towed any day unless I paid off what was owed. I called the company and they made me a deal to pay half of what I owed within 5 days and then they would take my car out of repo and it would be out of the risk of actually being towed away, then I would have to pay the rest owed within the next 30 days and it would stay out of the risk of being repo'd and I could go back to normal payments and be current. I owed $1800, I would have had to pay $900 within 5 days then another $900 in 30 days after that and everything would be good. I went to overtime at work and was working my butt off to make this $900.

The Landlord came to my house the next day and said that she had given me enough chances. I was confused as to what she was talking about because i had not spoken to her since I had signed the lease. She Said she had given me chances and called and called and that my roommate had told her that I was coming up with the money and that I would call her back, My roommate had never said to me that the Landlord was calling for me and, therefore, I did not want to give her the message that I would call her back and that I would have the money on a certain day. This had gone on for months and I had thought my roommate had been he.lping me out like he had done before and been paying the whole rent and I was just going to pay him back. He knew about everything Involving my car issues and not being able to work. I know I am in the wrong first of all for not paying my rent and for not talking with my roommate about what was going on. I definitely think that lying to the landlord saying I was going to call her back and not telling me she was calling or that she was not getting my portion of the rent, was also wrong of him to do. The day I found out all of this, the landlord gave me 3 days to quit notice to pay all my rent owed or I would agree to quit the lease and then eventually be evicted. I couldn't come up with the money so I'm going to be evicted.
   I continued to work and work towards the $900 to make that payment and I was working all through the night in the city and was parked just taking a break, resting before driving home and I started to doze off and heard a loud crack come from my passenger side and looked over to see my passenger window smashed... I didn't know what happened, I thought something had hit my window and I got out of my car and looked around and didn't see anyone and no one are saw anything either supposedly. I called the cops and my insurance and neither were any help. Someone had tried to break into my car with me in it and I guess didn't see me until after my window was smashed and then ran away. I drove home beaten down and could not believe that my window had just been smashed, it had never happened before and the one time it happened, I was in the car and I wasn't even parked in a bad part of town. When I got home I realized that my Laptop bag with my computer and a bunch of important papers were missing and I still have no idea what happened to that bag. That same day I got my window fixed for $300 and that was a Huge chunk out of the $900 I had been saving up. Then the next morning I was getting ready for work and I got out of the shower and her some banging outside, and to my horror, I saw my car on a tow truck. I ran outside and asked the driver what was happening and how I had just talked to the finance company the other day and made a deal with them. The driver said that it doesn't matter and that these companies will be really shiesty and even if u make the payment, the company will not make the phone call in time and you will have to pay all of the fees to get your car back. So my car got repoed and since then I have been trying every possible option to get any money. I haven't been able to work and have not had much money if any at all.
    I am asking for your help. I know that I have made mistakes and that I got myself into this hole with my irresponsibility and breaking the promises I made to make payments on time but I am really trying to fix everything and I  know I can at least be able to make car payments and continue to grow my business and find a new living arrangement. I need my car to be able to have some place for me and my dog to sleep while I figure out my next move when I get kicked out of my house. I can't give up on this car because my barely existent credit will be destroyed as well as my poor mothers and she has finally just gotten to a spot where she can at least get some much-needed credit. If anyone can help me, I will even pay you back as and will fill out any legal paperwork to make it happen. I have it all set up to be able to make plenty of money and fast as well as have interviews coming up for non-driving jobs so I can make money if I have any future car problems. I am at my last straw and I have no idea what to do when I get evicted if I don't have my car. Please, can someone help me? I promise I am a good guy and feel bad for my mistakes and have been working as hard as I can to make amends and get my life back together, I just need a little boost. I promise to pay it forward as well in the future when I am settled and back on track. My dog Zero and I will forever be in your debt. Thank you for reading, Have a good day Smile

P.s. I am an amateur photographer and I can send whoever can help professional high-quality photos if that's of any interest to anyone. 

my eBay and Amazon store is called Natural Theory.