Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two teachers who feel like they’ve been schooled
For about 6 years, I worked at a private Christian school, and my 72 year old coworker has worked there since 2005. (She has become like a grandmother to me, as both of my grandmothers have passed away.) 
For over a year now, we were getting paid half our salary, which wasn’t very much to begin with. Our boss promised us that we would receive every bit of money we were owed if we stayed.
She got pretty sick, but she was told she would get better after having a series of treatments.
Unfortunately, right before 2018 ended, she died suddenly. We were, and still are, very sad, but we’ve been trying to move on with our lives. 
We were promised a meeting with her sister, regarding what would happen with the school. It was repeatedly pushed back. 
Last we heard, she had hired a lawyer and was having her calls screened.
As it stands, we are owed about $14,000 each. 
I’ve been trying to help my coworker apply for social security for several weeks now. She had to reapply for a birth certificate. Two weeks later, she got a call that she had to reapply due to a clerical error.
We’ve tried asking many people for help, and visiting local offices, but it hasn’t helped much.
My coworker’s rent is past due, but she has a few days left to pay it, and I have bills to pay also.
We feel like we’ve lost years of our lives, and my coworker’s health has declined a lot, but we do not even have anything tangible to show for it.
We cannot afford to hire a lawyer, and we don’t want to do that anyway. 
We just need money to pay our current bills and rent while we find new jobs.
(My clearances to apply for education jobs are locked inside the school, and I have not been permitted to enter since our last day. I do not even have money to apply for new clearances at this point.)
Please help us! We sincerely appreciate any and every little bit!

paypal.me/kristen070287

Update: We’ve gone to every agency we could find, and no one has been able to help us. My coworker is going to be evicted very soon. Someone please help!