Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Need of a Hand Up, Not a Handout
I’m a single mother to a 6 year old little boy and a beautiful 17 year old girl. I’ve also had custody of my 7 year old nephew since he was 10 months old. It was originally a temporary arrangement but after the years went by, it became apparent that he wasn’t going anywhere. He calls me mom and has just as much room in my heart that my son and daughter do. I could bore you with a lifelong sob story about how tough I had it and my abusive relationships but that is all my past and that’s where I leave it so that we can enjoy the present and look forward to the future. We rent a home that isn’t anything to brag about but it’s a roof over our heads (even if it does leak a lot). My rent is $1,000/month with nothing included. At the end of September I changed jobs and wasn’t able to carry my old health insurance after I left. I will be eligible for insurance at my new job in January. My nephew receives an injection daily and has for a little over two years. The cost of that injection without insurance is just shy of $3k every 28 days. I have spent every penny of my savings and a good chunk of my bill money to make sure he continued with his meds. Now my checking account is overdrawn, my rent is behind, my lights are going to get shut off, I need pellets for heat and my car insurance is going to lapse. The only family I have is my mother who is retired and lives month to month and my father who is gravely I’ll and trying to live on his social security. Yes there are programs through the state and county but because I work so hard, we are no income eligible. I haven’t slept in days worried about how we are going to pull through this. I need help catching everything up and then we’ll be fine again. I don’t know what else to do and have nowhere to turn. With each passing day I become even more buried because of the astronomical overdraft fees that are just eating away what started as just a small overdraft and snowballed into the biggest debt I have. I’m putting my faith in humanity and praying I can reach some selfless individuals that would help us out.
Rent- $1,550
Electric-$631.46
Pellets- $249
Insurance-$286
Overdraft- $1,952.48
https://www.paypal.me/LilAdkGrl