Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperately in need of help
Five years ago, I never thought that I would ever be in a position forcing me to beg for help. I lived with my parents and sisters and one brother at home and though my family wasn’t all that well off, we were happy and at least afforded all the basic needs. This however changed two years ago, when my parents died in a tragic road accident. For the next few months, family friends and relatives were very supportive and helped us meet our needs. However, this didn’t go on for long and the struggles begun.
Being the first born in a family of four, I was left with a huge burden of taking care of the young ones and as a result had to drop out of school while in Form three. At a tender age of sixteen, I started working at other people’s homes and earning just enough for food.
Life became so hard for me and our children to an extent of being the village gossip. We could no longer afford three meals per day. No matter how hard I worked, my earnings were not enough to cater for the family needs. I tried to approach relatives and friends, but somehow they had become tired of helping us, or they had their own problems that they were unable to assist us. I was left with no choice but to continue struggling to at least get food for me and the others. My second born sister who is fifteen years old became so desperate that she ran away from home and engaged herself into prostitution. My efforts to bring her back home has been fruitless.
The third born in the family did his final primary school examination last year, but I couldn’t manage to enroll her into a secondary school and I am afraid that she might end up being like our second born. The last born, our only brother is in class five and will be sitting for his final primary school exam in three years time. He has been studying under the free primary education program, though there are some extra expenses that I have to cater for. These includes school uniform, examination fees and school lunch program. Sometimes it is difficult for me to meet all these, and sometimes he has to be sent away from school.
I am really in a desperate situation and really need your help. Though I may also want to continue with my education, my greatest concern and which I have given the first priority is the other children. I would like to raise money, at least to enroll my sister into a secondary school and to plan for my brother’s education as well. It pains me a lot to think that the future of our children is at stake, but you can help me change that.
With your kind donation, my sister and brother can access education and perhaps become important people in the society. I might also get a chance to enroll for a course and be more productive, both to the society and family. Your contribution, prayers, advice and sharing this thread with your friends will be highly appreciated.
If you would like to support me, Kindly feel free to do so through my PayPal account ziporahmukami97@gmail.com