Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving out :)
Thumbs Up 
Hi there,

My name is Matthew. I am a 22 year old from South Africa. Here is my story:

I come from what I would call a privileged background in the sense that my parents could afford to send me to school and feed me. I did well in school, matriculating with a 79% average.

I was unable to get a bursary for my tertiary education (because of my race) and my parents couldn't afford it so I took out a student loan. I passed first year of Mechanical Engineering at Stellenbosch University but only barely. After the first semester of second year I had failed. I knew in my heart that I had not put my all into that year so decided I would go back and try again. I put as much as I could into the year but I was unable to succeed.

Since I left university I have moved back in with my parents and have been working as a waiter/barman. My parents are completely supporting me financially while I pay back my loan. I have reduced the amount to a tenth of it's original value. I am now at a point where I need to move out because of the stress this has put on my parents. However, I cannot afford to pay rent, food, deisel etc AND pay my loan off on a waiter income.

I would like to do my EC drivers licence so that I can get a job driving trucks to increase my income, however this too costs money for lessons. I have identified a driving school that I can use to get my licence with almost everything included (R5200 - attachment may not work).

I'm not in any life threatening position, but I would really appreciate any help. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me.

Regards,
Matthew  Smile
paypal.me/mattsrent