Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In need of help
This all started back in December of 2017. I took my then 2 year old to his well child visit to find that he had dangerously high levels of lead. Then I took my then 6 year old daughter to see if she did as well. Her levels were above a safe level but not as high as my son's. My other 4 children were old enough they weren't considered a concern. 
Environmental health came in and found that the house we were renting was so full of lead in such high levels that it would never be safe for a child to live there. My landlord refused to do anything or give us the option of another house. Environmental health kept saying they would help us get a place but they never did. 
It came down to being told my options were to move out, send my kids to live with family, or CPS would be involved and would place them for me. So we left in February of 2018 after the environmental investigation results had came back. 
We have been staying in a motel paying over $1000 a month which is basically all I make. The transmission had went out of our car before we left the house and I couldn't afford to fix the car and get in the motel. I work 40 or more hours a week trying to get ahead and get us out of here but it's just not happening. This town does not have a homeless shelter and all of the income based apartments have 2 year or longer waiting lists. I can't afford 1500 or more people want to move in for the first months rent and deposit. 
This is literally my last option. I absolutely hate having to ask for anything, but I don't have family here, they're 5 1/2 hours away and couldn't help anyway. Anything would be greatly appreciated, I just want my kids back to having a somewhat "normal" life. A motel is not the best place for them to grow up.

This is my PayPal link if anyone is able to help. https://www.paypal.me/nessa287