Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Struggling Teacher in Dire Need
Hi, I am a young teacher in NYC who is in dire need. I currently sleeping on my mother's couch as it is too expensive to afford rent on my salary at this time. I was saving for a down payment for an apartment but was robbed a few months ago and had to use my small savings to replace my valuables and ended up in debt. I have been working 2 jobs since then but it has been difficult to save money since I assist my mother with bills, pay my own utilities, and am paying off debt. 

I have always wanted to purchase a home in my community because it is important for me to give back to those in marginalized communities. I currently teach in the same neighborhood I am from and currently live in (South Bronx) and I want to be able to establish roots here. I could have chosen to teach in a more affluent school district but I want to provide opportunities for disadvantaged youth like my teachers did for me. Unfortunately, this means that I have to struggle financially. In addition, gentrification in the South Bronx has caused rents to sky rocket, making it difficult for local residents to keep their homes and I am worried that my family and I will eventually be pushed out of my childhood home. My parents are immigrants who have worked hard for 30 years and owning property has always been a far fetched dream for us. I need assistance in raising money for a down payment so that we can have a secure home to live in without worrying about where we will live next. Any bit helps (PayPal Link below). Thank you for your contribution. God bless you. 

paypal.me/brdelac