Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mom passed away and newly divorced
The past year and 6 months have been extremely tough for me. It started out by learning that my mom had stage 4 lymphoma and since she didn't have health insurance, she didn't find out until she couldn't get over a small cold that turned into something worse. By the time she was hospitalized they started tests on her and saw that it had already spread to her lungs, liver and starting in her bone marrow. My step dad was drowning in medical bills and struggling to make ends meet while I helped with whatever I could financially. They ended up foreclosed on them (they were already having financial issues before) and had to find an apartment to live in. While all that was going on, I found out that my ex husband was cheating on me. He ended up leaving me for the other woman in January of this year. With him leaving me, I was left with a huge financial strain. Due to everything being in my name (credit cards, loans, our apartment) I am left with now paying off a lot of debt that was racked up from him (he didn't work for 8 months last year). My credit score has dropped insanely so I cant even qualify for a personal loan to do debt consolidation. 

Now,  besides my financial strain and helping my mom and step dad with what I could, my mom's health was getting worse. We knew the time was getting near but it was still a shock when it happened. My mom passed on May 16th of this year. The past few weeks have been the hardest weeks of my life emotionally and financially. I am now asking for help because it has come to the point I am barely able to pay my bills and also help my stepdad. I grew up with my mom and step dad who where always helping others. We always had people stay with us and helped them get back on their feet, my mom taught me to always give to those in need and not to judge others because you never knew what the future holds. 

I am now asking for help from anyone that is able and willing to. I thank you for taking the time to read about what I am going through and I understand that there are many people in our world that is struggling with way worse issues than I am. I appreciate any amount you are able to give and I am forever grateful. Once I am able to get back on my feet, I will be back with an update and will be paying it forward to those on this site. I am looking to raise around $3,500 to help me get out of this financial hole and then to be able to give my step father something to help him out also. 

Again, I greatly appreciate anything you are able to give.

Thank you so much!

Paypal:
paypal.me/bringjoy