Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student Turned Caregiver... I need some help...
Exclamation 
Hi My name is Madeline and I am 23 years old. I am here to help raise money to pay off $15,000 worth of university fees. I know what you are probably thinking, “get a job or a loan.” If I was able to do either I would have a while ago, believe me. But here’s my story..
I was in my last year of college to get my degree in architecture. Everything seemed to be going really well; good grade, health was doing alright, no late bills, etc. But things got bad really fast. My mom has had MS as long as I can remember. It comes and goes but it never is super bad… until now. I have never seen her so helpless, it’s heart breaking. I stayed in school for a little while longer after hearing about her MS was getting worse but not for long. She kept getting worse and worse. I came back home to surprise her one weekend and there I saw how bad she really was. She could barely walk on her own, honestly she was basically crawling some of the time I was home. Her MS has gotten bad enough that her speech was really slurred so she couldn’t communicate well with others. Her hands long periods of numbness, I guess that’s a good way to put it, so she was no talking her prescriptions for other medical issues she has along with her MS.
I was furious, more at myself then my mom. I should have came to see her sooner. She doesn’t have anyone else to take care of her. It’s quite literally just me and her, and our dogs. So I dropped out of college to be her full-time Caregiver. That was a little over half a year ago. Since then her MS has not gotten any better, but it has gotten worse either.
Since I left school in the middle of a semester most fees and balances I owed to the school would not be covered by any scholarships. Therefore everything has to be paid for out of my pocket, and they want everything ASAP. Even setting up monthly payments will be too expensive. I have tried everything from debt relief options, loans, and everything you can think of. But due to a lack of credit and the bad credit that follows I can’t get any type of loan, even with a cosigner (if I had one). A job is impossible for me to get since I have to be my mom’s caregiver full-time and there is no one else to watch/care for her. I do everything from cleaning and cooking to helping her shower and change. She tries to do some things on her own but it doesn’t work out normally.
So here I am. I really need help paying for my tuition fees that I have left so that I can continue to take care of my mom to the best of my abilities. With the school and tuition people constantly calling it is stressing everyone out and takes attention away from my mom at times.
I have tried everything from grant to foundations to look for help and nothing has worked. I am really not sure where to turn to...
Even if you can’t donate anything thank you for reading my story. I hope you the best.
Madeline

If you can help my paypal me link is paypal.me/missysmiley95