Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My last resort
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this . I'm 28 and work full-time for a non-profit. My job is to support my clients on the autism spectrum with learning soft skills and hard skills so that they can gain competitive employment and independence. I absolutely love what I do for a living but it does not pay much.
          Previous to this I was a phlebotomist for eight years. I made okay money but my soul was broken from seeing people who were ill and mistreated. Right now I'm at a crossroad. I went through a terrible breakup, my dad died , I only found out through an obituary online that I searched for, and my mother has had a heart attack leaving her almost incapable of being able to take care of herself. I have given money to my mother to help her stay afloat and now I am completely behind on my own bills.
           Some would say this is foolish but I see it as an act of kindness because I love my family and would do anything for them. I have been searching for part-time work and have not been able to find anything consistent or that falls within the availability I have outside of my full-time job. I'm currently struggling to pay my rent and I'm constantly $300 behind. I need a miracle or an angel of some sort to help me out of this mess.
         I never ask for help because to be completely honest I've been independent my whole life. But here I am now, at your mercy. Anything you can donate would greatly help me in getting all of my bills caught up and paying for medication that I need for my thyroid disorder (hashimoto's disease). My pride and ego or hurt by needing to ask for help but what is this world if we can't lean on each other, right?
                                   Thank you,
                                         Rachel