Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One time need!
I live in an area where the hospital and the insurance company I have parted ways. I knew it was coming and am on new waiting lists to see other MD's as all the ones I have now are out of network.  I find myself in a bind as I am still paying off my deceased husbands debt.  We never divorced and I am liable for it.  I am on a budget and making it work for over four years, but had to go see my cardiologist and endocrinologist.  I now owe the two plus the lab 3741.32  I have filed for financial assistance through the hospital to hopefully reduce it by 30%  I have arranged for a payment plan as well. I have a looming 1279.00 payment to the IRS from my deceased husbands mess, this I have been paying off for four years now through payments. Apparently I missed one and now despite several phone calls trying to fix this, I owe it all.  I thought I was almost out from it!   I have been doing fine, I work three jobs and until all this happened only worried a little. I am paying my bills, my school loan, do not have a credit card and am frugal like crazy.  The cushion I had in savings has dwindled just to pay for car repairs and fines on the taxes.  Now I am worried a lot!  I am asking for help, it doesn't have to come directly to me!  I could supply whomever with the bill/invoice number.  I have provided for my family for 12 years without assistance, now despite how much I work, I am just unable to make it.  Any help would be appreciated and paid forward when I get out from under this debacle!