Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miss Black and Gold Pageant 2018-2019
Heart 
My name is Asmina Turner, a rising Sophomore Pre-Nursing major from Chicago, IL. This year I have the opportunity to compete in the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., Gamma Phi Chapter scholarship pageant, for the title of Miss Black and Gold. I attend the ILLUSTRIOUS Tuskegee University in Tuskegee AL. During my short time here, I have joined the Marching Crimson Piper Band not only for Marching Band season but also for Concert Band and Jazz Band. I am fluent on three instruments and have participated in various community service across my campus and at home. I am a charter member on campus for the Delta Omicron Omega Performing Arts Fraternity Inc., an Illinois based Performing arts Organization. I have finished my freshman year with a 3.8 GPA  and plan to continue my academic success down the road.

Being crowned Miss Black and Gold, will allow me to implement my platform of big sister/little sister united across Tuskegee's campus. My crown will not be seen but will be felt.  I will carry out multiple programs that encourage and educate not only the young woman on this campus but also the girls in Tuskegee to be confident in their blackness. This partnership between older students and younger will help create bonds between the community and the campus along with networking with woman across different parts of the world. My program's name is Nyeusi Gold, which in the Swahili language means Black Gold. In the future I plan to create Community Service Sundays, which will be used to help give back to Tuskegee's community.  

Your donations will be used to go into the scholarship fund, production for the pageant itself, and an advertisement to be placed in the pageant's journal.  The more money I raise, the higher the scholarship and the more amount of points I will be given which will be added up at the end of the pageant. I am calling on friends, family and anyone else to help me reach my goal. Being crowned Miss Black and Gold will allow me to have a stronger platform to make an impact on others lives and a louder voice to be heard.
https://www.gofundme.com/cqyn4j-miss-black-and-gold-20182019

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)