Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help fixing cars for reliable transportation
Hello Smile

I am a single woman who works full time. I have Fibromyalgia, sciatica and arthritis of the spine. These two things along with other health problems are causing it harder and harder to walk to and from the bus stop. I have to leave at 4:40am to make it to work by 8am. I get off at 5pm and don't get home until around 7pm, if I am lucky. My car was purchased knowing it had been sitting for a few years. I knew it needed a tune up and 4 & 7 ignition coils needed replaced. Now that I have it and have been driving it, the transmission has gone out, the windshield wiper motor is broken, the exhaust has come loose. These are just some of the issues, I am still paying the insurance because I cannot afford to let it lapse. I cannot afford to pay for parts and labor. I cannot afford to pay a car note and insurance. There are weeks/days where me and my family have to decide if we are going to short a bill so we can eat. 
My son has a 2005 Cadillac Deville that needs some work as well. It was a gift but the repairs are starting to make it not worth it. I would like to be able to get in at least one of our cars and be able to go to work. Neither car will make it past 3 miles right now with the repairs needing done. 
I have 8 children, all grown and three grandchildren. Most of my children are in college and the ones who are not are either living with me or their father helping us to make ends meet. Life happens and sometimes that becomes hard to do at times. 
I am currently looking for a second job, as well as my children who live with me, but we must have reliable transportation and that is something we do not have. I plan on putting all donations toward the repairs, even if it is one small repair at a time. As long as one car gets fixed, we will be able to make it To get help fixing both cars, would mean a lot as that gives us the ability to work more than one job.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!! May you receive blessings for your kindness!!