Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student reaching out for kind donators
Exclamation 
Dear reader,

If you are reading this you must be interested to see what kind of help does this student need. I am a third year international relations student from Bosnia and Herzegovina and this is the way I am trying to find way to travel to a student conference in Germany. 

If you are still here and think my post deserves some attention, here is why I need it. The student conference is called Gristuf and it's held every two years. I was able to attend the conference in 2016 and I had the time of my life. This student conference gathers international students from ALL over the world, last year there was 100+ students coming from Africa, Asia, USA and all over Europe. I made a bunch of friends coming from different backgrounds and cultures. I cheris the diversity and think it opens up my eyes more as in being more open minded and tolerant. Conference itself is free of charge and they cover the accommodation by placing the students with random hosts from this small German city (another way of experiencing the diversity - living in strangers house for 7 days), the problem here are the TRAVEL expenses. Being from Bosnia and being a student from a normal working class family, I simply don't have enough fundings to travel to this German city. The distance is around 1000 kilometers so plane is the only way. Flight tickets are around 180 euros (around 200 dollars). The conference is in June so I have around month to try to find fundings for travel. This is one of the ways I am trying to find enough money to attend, I believe there is enough kind people on this world that it is simply not possible that there is no one to help in certain way, at least with moral support. Gotta chase the dreams and meet new people from all over the world, that is why we are made for, right? 

If you are interested to donate and support me, here is my paypal. 

Cheers from Bosnia Smile

paypal.me/studentconference