Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stranded and Homeless
My husband and I came from WV. We drove 3,000 miles so that we could help care for his elderly mother who had survived breast cancer about 10 years ago and she just survived rectal cancwr this past year. He knew that this would be one of the last times he would get to spend with his sick mother.

We were there about a month and everything just went from bad to worse. She isnt able to drive anymore, and she got in the driver seat of the car while we were in the gas station,  and my husband ran out to try and stop her from hurting herself or others. He wasnt fast enough and she actually hit him and drug him with her little car...we decided to go back to her apartment to call his sister bevause thats the only place she would go. So his sister says shes there and she's goibg to stay with her for a few days..we were kind of relieved to say the least.until we get a knock at the door and it ia the cops serving HIM with a restraining order and that we had to vacate the presmesis immediately. So here we are, left on the cold streets 3000 miles away from home. 

This was only supposed to ve a short stay, now its been about 6 months we've been out here on the streets with our children back at home with my grandmother, who is very elderly and on a fixed budget. Needless to say, she cant pay for us to get home. Our babies need us so if anyone could help in anyway with getting us a bus ticket or absolutely anything at all, we will forever be grateful. 

We are in southern, ca and its very cold and scary on thw streets. We have learned to not ever take anything for granted but most importantly, we found God again. God Bless anyone who reads this...this is my cry for help