Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just want to finish these last four classes and get my degree after 9 years...
I don’t know where else to turn at this point. I need 4 classes to finally graduate. Just 4 classes. They’re not all offered in one semester so I have to take 2 now and 2 in fall. Well, I had saved up the money to do that by working 3 jobs, yes, 3 jobs at once the past two years. (If you’re wondering how that worked, one evening job, one day job, and one research job that didn’t require me to physically go somewhere). Well I had the money and then of course life does what it does best and said ‘hey, let me just mess everything up for you.’ That meant in the span of 6 months my car broke down twice ($8000 total in replacement of the transmission and engine), my dad lost his job and I had to start paying his rent and utilities along with my own, I got a $3000 hospital bill (l suffer from PTSD sadly and a particularly bad flashback sent me to a psychiatric facility for 2 weeks against my will), my fiancé had to have emergency surgery to remove a tumor and I had to help him out with a $5000 bill and you get the idea basically all my savings and everything were wiped out just like that. 
Okay, so you’re thinking big whuff you saved up money take another year or two and save up more no one gets a degree in 4 years anyway. It’s like 5 or 6 average now right? Well yeah I totally would do that except I’ve been trying to get my degree for 9 years.  Nine. Effing. Years. And each time there has been some extraordinary setback pushing back my graduation. Finances, trauma, deaths, you name it. I’ve tried to be strong and get through it but honestly being so close this time finally and to have it all come down to these 4 classes that I might have to wait another 2 damn years to take??? It would break me. And that’s why I’m on here. Begging. 
I’ve reached my aggregate loan limits, my credits still recovering from past financial woes to get me a private loan, I can’t get a co-signer, I have no options.  
That being said my goal is $5000. With that I could at least pay for these two classes and have the rest to pay for fall by August. Anything at all would help. I still have two jobs but with all the additional expenses I can only save minimal amounts. I just want to finish school and get out of this town and move on. (That’s significant for me because this town is constant trigger for past trauma and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to truly recover until I move far from it.) I also really want my degree from this university and at this point transferring to a cheaper one would set me back a few semesters. So I’m here begging somebody, anybody, please help me. If I can’t get these two classes this semester they’re not offered for another year and they’re the prerequisites for the two in the fall and I just...after everything I’ve been through I don’t have the strength left to keep on for another year. I just can’t do it, I’ve reached my limit. 
For the curious I’m studying physics and minoring in astronomy and computer science. My dream is to go into the space industry and one of my jobs is with a small supplier for NASA. Unfortunately until I get my degree I can only be an intern here and thus the pay is not enough to support my expenses itself. 
Like I said anything at all helps and I will try everything in my power to pay it forward. Thank you for taking the time to read this too. Even that helps in its own way.