Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperate for Rent Assistance
Sad 
Hi everyone,

2017 has been a really rough year. I was diagnosed with breast cancer, my boyfriend who I live with lost his job and he also unexpectedly lost his father. I am happy to report I am in remission but after these unfortunate life events, we've found ourselves behind on rent and all of our other bills, six months behind to be exact. I've tried to get another job outside of my full time career now that I am healthy but it's not going so well. I am having difficulty finding someone willing to hire me for evenings and weekends. My boyfriend also works full time and is a full time student so he hardly has any time to find supplemental income. 

We're looking to raise $5,000 to prevent eviction. We're terribly worried about being put out and frankly, we're fortunate that it hasn't happened already. I've never done anything like this before. Normally I would be a bit embarrassed to post about my misfortune but I am honestly desperate and don't know what else to do. If you all can find it in your hearts to help in any way it would be amazing. I promise to pay it forward.

Thanks for listening.