Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Are My Light
Let's begin at the end; I am here to get my head above water. As of right now, I'm just below the surface and slowly sinking, but I can see the light shining just above the surface of the water.

You are my light.

This water-logged venture began in September. I was checking my email and saw a subject line that made my heart sink and my stomach drop; "Account balance below $25". When I looked into my bank account, I saw that it was, in fact, an additional $1,437. 87 below $25. That was quite a negative balance for sure. The mortgage was due in two days and I was on the verge of fainting, screaming, crying, and watching my head explode like a cartoon character.

After several phone calls leading to more numbers to call and speaking to more people regarding this GIANT hit to my account, I found out that an old lender had attached to my bank account and taken their funds due to them.

The lender got their money, and my bills have fallen behind. When bills fall behind, there are penalties ranging from $35-$55 for each payment missed. At this point, the penalties are piling up, and I am not meeting the balance.

I'm here today with my heart on my sleeve and arms outstretched.

I'm asking for $5000 to get everything caught up again. Car payments for my other half; he's the one with the job, allowing me to be home to take my kindergartner to school, as they can't ride the bus, and to stay home with the 3 year old. For now. Cable bills (which is just internet, we don't watch regular TV). Electric bills. Car and homeowners insurance. My car needs to be registered and inspected, or I won't have a legal way to transport my little dude to and from school. I'd be able to fill the oil tank so we could turn the heat on without fear of running out! (Hey; that's our hot water too, so I've been conserving and just bundling us all up!)

My other half's job normally covers all of our expenses; we buy only what we need for groceries, and live on a tight budget, but it was working until our money was taken.
I am glad the lending company got their money and that I no longer have to worry about owing them anything. Yes, for real.

But now it's time for me to say, enough is enough, and get us back in the black. Bills caught up and babies safe and warm. Isn't that what it's all about?

I can provide any account balances and exact amounts due, since paying the debtor directly is probably more reassuring than handing over money to someone you don't know. As of now, I have reached a point that my family's well-being is worth any sacrifice of self-worth or ego that I may have had (if I ever had it).

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I am truly grateful for everything you do to help, even if your help goes to someone else! Yours is a gift not to be taken lightly, and a blessing.