Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malaysia's Dream
Heart 
Shy In the Fall Semester of 2017 , I will be attending Howard University. Ever since I was kid I always dreamed of going to  the illustrious Howard University. The only problem is that Out-Of-State Tuition costs $12,554(yearly). I only received an on campus job from FAFSA, because I didn't want to be in debt. I also work 3 jobs while currently finishing high school. I haven't had any luck with outside scholarships. My mom is not right financially right now to help me, so I'm paying for my education on my own. I was accepted to two other schools ,University of Mississippi and Clark Atlanta, who both offered only FAFSA and no scholarships. I've been having a really hard time lately. I really want to go to Howard. I will be working at other jobs as well as my on campus job. I am in the Top 10% of my graduating class. I am a great kid with Mostly A's and A Few B's. I take Honors classes and have no disciplinary or attendance issues. I work hard in all my classes and always do my best. I know it sounds pretty cliche but I do all those things. I'm not like most people, and most people are not like me. When I get to Howard I want to attend Howard's School of Business to study Management, because after getting my Undergraduate, I want to be my own boss and start my own business. I want to start out small then expand. I'm only 19, but I have huge plans for myself. I really want to go to college to better me and my family. Both me and my older brother are first generation. He wants to study in Dentistry and will be attending University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. I graduate from school on May 25, 2017. When my name is called, and walk that stage to receive my diploma and handshake that's when I'll know my journey has just begun. I'll know I have made my mother proud, me and my older sibling. My mother always told me and my brother to be better than she ever was. She also said,"Never go through all the stress and struggle to end up with a job, end up with a career. Something you'll never get tired of." Her voice echoes through my head everyday while in school telling me to give up and keep pushing towards the end, now I know it's all been worth it. I live in Mississippi. All I'm asking for is $7000 to get through the first semester then I will be alright until the income starts to kick in. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this. Smile   If you would like to donate please use this link: paypal.me/tjrenee

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)